Sunday, May 11, 2008

Vespa

Jan and I are currently in the midsts of Ebay bidding on a Vespa (not really a Vespa but not quite a motorcycle either).

I have been having fantasies of riding off to a nearby lake in the sunset. Or of not having to power up the huge hill we live on top off with a backpack full of groceries whenever I want to go shopping.

So...

We even went and test drove it yesterday. This whole experience has shown me that I am not quite over the trauma of my jet ski accident when I was 15. The whole time I was on the bike (about 30 seconds in a garage), all I could think about was that having your face plow into concrete would be much less pleasant than falling into water.

We will see how the bidding goes...but maybe it is time to re evaluate and check out the cheap used cars market.

Or we can just keep walking and biking everywhere!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

icorrobiony
Bfpg