Friday, March 6, 2009

The Pie Maker

Jane introduced me to a new (prob. not so new, but new to me) television show while she was visiting, called 'Pushing Daisies.' Although I found both the main characters annoying and way to goody goody and earnest - the show did grow on me. One of the main features of the show is the Pie Hole - where the main character works. Seeing pie after pie inspired me to make my own. I never was big on pies - but they definitely could grow on me. Jan warns me that I have to try to control my sweet tooth, so the pies come very rarely.




Here is the crust with the apple filling. I should have put more apples but I ran out.



A close up.




Finished product.

And yes it was delicious!

I am going to try 'muffin pies' next. Mini pies made in the muffin pan.

In other news I am still pregnant but I am about ready not to be. We are approaching the 35 week mark now. Ok, if I am honest, 34.5 weeks, but who is counting.

Cons of pregnancy
1. Being overly emotional. (yes, it has finally kicked in)
I did start sobbing in a train, and I definitely freaked out the old German women who were sitting across from me. Excessive displays of emotion are so not German.

2. Toating around all of that extra weight.
Most of which is sticking out in front of me in the form of a giant belly and giant, well, other parts.

3. Constantly being out of breath.
Walking up the stairs - asthma attack.

4. Three days of leg pain reminding you - no you shouldn´t run to catch the last train for the next hour or to make it to the library to return the dvds that will cost you 4 euros if you don´t return them.

5. Getting up in general.
I have mastered scooting, and rolling, and performing squats now that I cannot use my stomach muscles for anything.

Pros of pregnancy
1. You get a baby at the end.

Of course the pros grossly out-weight the cons. But that baby can come any time now! I am ready not to be pregnant!

1 comment:

emily said...

hello!
I found your blog through a comment somewhere, I don't remember where now. I promise I'm not stalking you. I did read that you found a good (?), cheap-ish dentist in Freiburg, and I need one of those! Unfortunately I won't be staying in Freiburg much longer, but would like to go to a dentist before returning to the USA, where I won't have insurance. So, if you could help me out, I would really appreciate it. my email is ejbetzAThotmailDOTcom.
thanks!
emily