Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Last Names

An update on this - being a teacher is a great way to find out what your name rhymes with - or even loosely rhymes with. Mine happens to rhyme with the French word for cat and with shat. Luckily, very few students make this connection. However, when 17 year old boys decide to call you Mrs. Cat - that can quickly move from innocent fun and word play to pretty blatant disrespect. Add in hissing sounds - well - I nipped that in the bud VERY quickly. The only problem is after that I got declarations of love from said chastised student. I also had a discussion with him about how that was not OK or appropriate... The things I have to deal with. Which reminds me - one of my fellow teachers - who has been struggling - said to me the other day, "What have I done in my life to deserve this treatment." Sometimes that summarizes my feelings exactly.

Now and then I think it would be very helpful to have smaller boobs and a tougher exterior image. I may have to go back to buns and glasses next year.

2 comments:

FaithAC said...

4 posts in one month! very impressive

baresytapas said...

I entered this site by chance, but I found very interesting. A greeting to all the people who visit this page.