Thursday, August 23, 2007

Shopping in Germany

I have not really attempted to shop in Germany - I have more than enough clothes as it is and very little money. But I decided to browse through H&M anyway to see if there was anything really cute, that I had to have. And they had nothing!! Now this is very depressing because all the other stores in Germany intimidate me... Mostly huge department store esque places that are overwhelming. H&M is a known commodity which is comforting. Sadly, at the moment, all their clothes are hideous.

In other news...one more day of teaching and then I have a week off. The kids are all going on 'class trips' either hiking or biking around Switzerland. It's a really neat idea but I'm glad I'm not going. Jan and I will probably take some mini trips to check out the area because he'll be done with lifeguarding at that point too. So far we have the Bad Krozinger baths on the agenda. We'll see what else comes up.

2 comments:

racreading said...

What are Bad Krozinger baths and where are they?

Sarah said...

It is a spa in Germany - the town is named Bad Krozinger. Bad = bath or spa. Basically, baths consist of a bunch of pools that vary in warmth and have fun features like water falls, massage jets, massaging spots, areas to lay on top of little bubbles, hot tubs etc. Basically as close to heaven on earth as you can get. (But still not as good as the thelosotherapy pool!)