Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Strange Encounters with the Germans

Yesterday I had a fitness evaluation at my new gym and a hair cut. Here are some highlights of the two experiences.

1. The guy in the gym and I spoke in a mixture of German and English. He continuously referred to the lower body as downstairs and the upper body as upstairs.

2. When I wasn't sitting far enough back he said something like, make sure your booty has contact with the seat.

3. The poor man was clearly flustered by my high percentage of body fat and low VO2 capacity so he continously reassured me that nothing was accurate, especially for women.

On to haircutting
4. She had me stand up for the entire hair cut. Soooo bizarre.

5. She asked if I wanted to blow dry my hair or have her do it. Unwittingly, I said she should do it. She proceeded to hang about 8 brushes from my head and took 30 minutes to dry the hair.

6. For said treatment I think she charged me an extra 20 euros. Great.

I promise a picture post soon. I've been taking a lot. I just need to get them uploaded.

2 comments:

racreading said...

Sarah - next time you'll ask "how much for you to blow it dry." What an image - you standing with the hairbrushes and some (short) woman walking around you with a hairdryer. Photos will be great. When are you going to fix up your wedding site? Love, Mom

Unknown said...

The story about the trainer was really funny - you probably just looked as usual, but I can picture exactly the Sarah-look on your face that goes with what you were thinking. Well, saying that made me miss you. See you in December.
Love, Daddy