Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Teaching Adults

I have now been teaching adult English courses at a language school for a little over a month.

What a luxury!!!!!!!!!! These people are motivated, want to learn, and are also a lot of fun. The teaching is easy because it is done from scripted materials. It is like teaching heaven.

Now I am sure it would get boring if this is all the teaching I did, but it sure does give me some perspective on dealing with my hormonal, angsty, and difficult adolescents.

I can actually teach effectively! People appreciate me! They tell me I am a good teacher! They thank me effusively. They tell me I am attractive and that they love it when I laugh. They ask if they are allowed to give me presents when I help them out with editing. (I received two entrances tickets to a nearby bath today and another woman wants to buy me an electronic dictionary)

What an ego boost.


I love it.

No comments: