Friday, November 7, 2008

Has it Been a Month?



18 Weeks Belly



Baby Arm and Leg



Baby Profile


I am amazed that the month of October has passed by. Where did it go???

Well, I was hoping tonight to post the gender of our baby, but according to the doctor, the baby is shy and will reveal its parts when it is good and ready. I was quite frustrated and wanted her to poke at it until it moved into a genital viewing position, but no such luck.

The good news is that the baby is getting very big and actually looks human. Like you can see eyes and a nose and a mouth and feet and little baby hands. It was a bit disconcerting to be carrying around something that looked like a disembodied heart (chicken heart anyone) and then like an alien, so that is reassuring.

I of course forgot my glasses, so it looked like a blurry human to me, but Jan assured me that he saw a beating heart and a stomach as well. The bones show up as bright white - they are starting to harden.

My ´morning´sickness is basically over (despite that one popcorn gorging episode last week) although my sharpened senses do me no good when walking by a man hole connected to the sewage system. I repeatedly tell Jan that somebody has to do something about Freiburg smelling like shit - he does not agree! (By the way Freiburg is lovely and it only smells like shit in some places)

School was delightful for the last two days. I think the Obama high is contagious and somehow has infiltrated even the ranks of the children of Switzerland. At least they all were really excited and wanted to know what I thought about everything. Sometimes it is cool to be an American. I told them that now I would consider moving back to the US. :)

Well the spaghetti for the spaghetti pie is prob cooked so I better go look.

I will attempt to be a more faithful updater!

1 comment:

Jane said...

yay belly! that's so exciting..it's too bad they couldn't tell the sex yet.

haha chicken heart..."the chicken heart slips from it's glass tank in the laboratory, dum dum, dum dum"

<3