Saturday, August 30, 2008

Now I´m a Librarian

I have been put in charge of our school library - not exactly by my choice, but I don´t really mind.

This involved carrying maybe 200 books up two flights of stairs and then alphabetizing them. Not too bad.

Now I am responsible for ordering books appropriate for 10-18 year olds with varying levels of English proficiency. This is actually not so easy to do given my exposure with adolescent literature was severely limited during my own adolescence. I was much more likely to be reading A. a romance novel or B. some book by Stephen King or Michael Crichton. All of which don´t exactly fit into the adolescent lit category. However, I racked my mind and did come up with a few options. Then I searched the internet and found more.

Jane - I might have to order some Stephanie Meyers.

1 comment:

Jane said...

oooh...I was planning on giving you the four books to read anyway when you come home, but if you can order them for your school that works too. Read them! and I will think about teen-lit for you, not that I know much about it.