Sunday, November 18, 2007

More Train Adventures

Two train incidents that were noteworthy:

1. As Jan and I were returning from the city the other night, (in honor of the first snow I skipped German class and we bought a Starbucks hot chocolate to share - a decadent but wonderful splurge) our stop was announced and the train slowed down. Then it stopped. I had been watching for the platform, but we weren't quite there yet, so I stood back assuming the train would pull up. Well it didn't. Jan took the lead and jumped about three feet down to the rocks below. Then the other passengers followed suit. Ridiculous.

2. The German trains were on strike again this week...Thursday and Friday. I checked ahead of time to see which trains would be running then headed out, certain that I would make it to Basel. Well, the train didn't come. And it didn't come. And it didn't come. Being a generally bad morning person, I had waited until the last minute to get out of bed and groom myself so I had soaking (as in not even towel dried) hair, that I had put in a chic side part low pony tail. Well, as I stood, the pony tail quickly saturated my shirt. It was about -2 Celsius - in other words...freezing. After waiting for an hour, the train arrived. And I did not thaw out the whole day.

Yes, the suggestions for tights is a good one. I am going to invest in some wool pants as soon as I am in the US were clothes actually look good on me. And due to the weak dollar don`t cost as much.

1 comment:

carolyn said...

Faith's train story of the week is better.